moroccan roasted vegetable soup
This Moroccan Roasted Vegetable Soup recipe is not only a delicious way to eat your veggies, but it is also easy to make! With warm spices and roasted vegetables, this soup is perfect for a cozy night in. Try this delicious recipe today!
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 300g carrots cut into 2cm chunks
- 300g parsnips cut into 2cm chunks
- 300g peeled butternut squash, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 small potato, cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp ras el hanout
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1.3l hot vegetable stock
- 6 tbsp Greek-style yogurt and 1 tbsp finely chopped mint, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Tip all the vegetables and the garlic into a roasting tin. Sprinkle over the ras el hanout and some seasoning, drizzle over the oil and give everything a good stir. Roast for 30-35 mins, turning the vegetables over halfway, until they’re tender and starting to caramelize a little.
- Transfer the roasted veg to a large saucepan, pour over the hot stock and simmer for 5 mins.
- Put the soup in a food processor or in the pan with a hand blender, until smooth, then ladle into a flask for work. If eating at home, serve with a dollop of yogurt, a scattering of mint and a grinding of black pepper